Spokane Create! Forums

Full Version: Greetings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all, I wanted to throw out a quick greeting and introduction.

Name's Michael, I'm new to the Spokane area, from Seattle. I'd been meaning to check out some of the hacker spaces in Seattle when I lived there but never managed to get around to it. I now work from home full time, and need to find a way to get out of the house more, and stumbled across Spokane Create.

I dabble in woodworking, construction, electronics, audio, and home theater, and by profession I'm a computer geek. I currently work as a storage and backup engineer for Starbucks.

I don't know what the network and server infrastructure is like at the venue there, but if there was a need and/or interest, I could donate some managed switches, and possibly a server that could run vmware, or xen, or some other hypervisor for projects, etc.

I also have a 16 year old son who I'd probably drag along once in a while.

I look forward to making all of your acquaintance.

-Michael
Welcome Michael,

Glad you found us. Sounds like you would fit in well here. I think there is an interest for what you are suggesting. A local company gave us a few old servers. I put vmware on one of them but haven't put an image on it yet. My plan is to setup an environment where members can host small low-traffic websites. I had also considered xen, and thought about doing that on one of the other servers...mostly for a learning experience. If you are free on Wednesday evenings between 5:30 and 8:30pm then you should come on down.
Hey Thanks! I believe I will, musical floppy drives looked pretty cool. Can I assume it's always open on Wednesdays unless otherwise posted?
(01-23-2014, 11:43 PM)digital_janitor Wrote: [ -> ]Can I assume it's always open on Wednesdays unless otherwise posted?

Hi Michael, you are correct
Hope to see you next time!
(01-23-2014, 11:43 PM)digital_janitor Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Thanks! I believe I will, musical floppy drives looked pretty cool. Can I assume it's always open on Wednesdays unless otherwise posted?
Sounds good. See you Wednesday. And yes...top of forum is always updated when we are closed.