Please visit the homepage for location and information on open hours

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Tevo Black Widow 3D Printer and Beta team!
08-27-2016, 09:24 PM,
New Tevo Black Widow 3D Printer and Beta team!
Hey guys, its Colby checking in here. So as I have posted before, I have the TEVO tarantula 3D printer, and it has been nothing but and AWESOME little machine. I haven't had a failed print in about 1.5 months and I have made about $200 from 3D hubs so far.

So now, here comes the cool part. I am in the offical TEVO research and development beta team. Yes. Really. No kidding.

Just to put into example how amazing this is, I got the new TEVO Black Widow for.....wait for it.....FREE! 

And my job, along with the other 7 of us, is to work out the issues with this printer. So far it has been amazing. I would upload photos of all this stuff, but this forum has a hard time with photos for me.

I got into this gig because I was on a sort-of frenzy. Tevo has a FB group for support and I was helping people like crazy with their printers. I would sometimes just drop what I was doing and get these guys' printers going. 

And that's how I got here.

In the Tevo research and development team, we are now working on designing a printer to compete with the gmax+, and guess what?

Not only will it be BIGGER than the gmax, it will be WAYYY cheaper.

Under 1k.

And my team, including me, will get this for free.

Along with the large scale delta soon to come after 

One could say I am extremely happy, but we all know that would be an understatement.

Good luck, and happy printing!

P.S. I am trying to see if I can get a black widow sent over to the space for you guys Wink
"If it isn't broke, fix it until it is"
08-29-2016, 07:47 AM,
RE: New Tevo Black Widow 3D Printer and Beta team!
Wow! This is excellent news! I'm so happy for you! Glad to hear that you are able to do something that you love. Sounds like an excellent gig!
-N8

"I built it because I didn't know I couldn't"
08-31-2016, 11:37 PM,
Awesome! Pretty cool when helping out the community pays off.

How large scale are we talking on that delta?
09-09-2016, 02:50 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-09-2016, 02:51 AM by Gadgets.)
That's great news.

I bought this printer and assembled it. However, as a point for development, the power box is a real disappointment. Here is the issue (i posted it as a review on 3Dprintersonlinestore): 

The Printer is well built and sturdy. However, the power box is made of brittle acrylic. There are cut-outs in the acrylic panels to hold nuts. Screws grab onto these nuts to assemble the box. However, even with slight twisting, the cut-outs break away rendering the joint useless. Secondly, when I pushed in the power plug into the socket on the backplate, the backplate broke.
Unfortunately, 3Dprintersonlinestore are avoiding answering the question: how do I use the printer if I "can't" plug in the cable. (it's a matter of principle - this box is really poorly designed compared to the rest of the printer)
I have 25 yrs experience building and designing delicate models, so I know about assembly. I tried discussing the issues with 3Dprintersonlinestore, but they insist I used to much force. I, therefore, rate this low.
To conclude, the printer is robust and lines up well. The manual is poor, but the videos coming out are great. The box is a major disappointment that I will have to fix.
09-29-2016, 07:10 PM,
Thank you guys for your replys! The delta has a planned 350mm diameter build plate! So far, the widow has actually been a big dissapointment. It prints with a horrible moire effect that appears to be unfixable.
09-30-2016, 06:28 PM,
(09-29-2016, 07:10 PM)ctcollins9 Wrote: Thank you guys for your replys! The delta has a planned 350mm diameter build plate! So far, the widow has actually been a big dissapointment. It prints with a horrible moire effect that appears to be unfixable.

Why do you believe it's unfixable, and have pictures? Have you checked filament diameter and the Z-axis drive?
10-11-2016, 06:57 PM,
Well, a very long story goes along with this. That is not my conclusion myself, however. There are 11 others now, I believe, of which are EXTREMELY experienced. We have spent hours in chat groups on each subject to try to fix, and have came to no feasible conclusion. The printer can print, but not well.

Final build area dimensions of the delta are in also, 450mm by 750mm (I am really excited for this)
10-11-2016, 11:58 PM,
So, almost as big as our Delta. Big Grin