Please visit the homepage for location and information on open hours

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Arduino-based Automotive Security
07-18-2019, 10:55 PM,
Arduino-based Automotive Security
So I have this idea for an RFID-based automotive security system, and I'm pretty sure I can make it work in Arduino, but I have one big problem: I know nothing about coding Arduino. Or any other kind of coding for that matter. And looking through the videos and whatnot that all say "learn to code Arduino," I can tell that I'm going to need one-on-one help learning this. 

The basic idea of the project is to set this up in your car, put an RFID chip in your wallet, and then forget the whole thing exists. And unless you have one of the correct RFID chips inside the car it disables the fuel pump so your car won't start. I have additional functions in mind, but that's the base idea. 

So I guess my big question is, is anyone willing to help a complete and total noob learn how to code?
07-19-2019, 05:52 AM,
RE: Arduino-based Automotive Security
I think you will find that many of us are willing to help someone learn something new. You can install the Arduino IDE on a laptop and bring it down with your Arduino during open hours and we can help break the problem down and help you get started.
-N8

"I built it because I didn't know I couldn't"