Please visit the homepage for location and information on open hours

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BootsBot
10-14-2013, 09:32 AM,
RE: BootsBot
(10-13-2013, 06:57 AM)david tremaine Wrote: I'm curious, Geoff - will this allow you to do anything other than remote watering, and checking for low temperatures? Some of the guys here have mentioned greenhouse automation, which I understand a little better - there are more variables that can be controlled there, like fans, vents, even lights, I suppose. What do you hope your fully developed system to be capable of?

Thanks
- David

The main function of the system is forward data to me so I can be more aware about what is happening in the garden. It also will water the garden as needed based on the soil moisture.

I plan to use a mesh network of sensors to monitor various aspects of the garden. Using a mesh network will allow me to add or remove sensors as needed without configuring the controller. For instance I might add a camera to watch for ripe fruit on my tomato plants. I won't need the camera before mid-summer so I add it then and remove when I am done with it.

Does that answer your questions?

I'm very interested in your greenhouse project as we have plans to build one at the community garden I'm a part of.

Messages In This Thread
BootsBot - by Photonic - 10-08-2013, 09:39 AM
RE: BootsBot - by david tremaine - 10-13-2013, 06:57 AM
RE: BootsBot - by Photonic - 10-14-2013, 09:32 AM