Please visit the homepage for location and information on open hours

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Enclosure for Running Belt Electronics
06-17-2015, 08:38 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-17-2015, 08:41 PM by Brendan.)
Enclosure for Running Belt Electronics
Hello All,

I wanted to start a thread on my first project.

I have a running belt I built for my daughter...(and possibly for sale!) It has some electronic components that need to be in an enclosure...a PCB, GPS, Piezo buzzer, etc.

In talking with some of you today, it sounds like 3D printing an enclosure would be the best place to start.

Per Dan's recommendation, I've installed "SketchUp" and I'm starting to learn that program. I have also found a project-box on the Warehouse that looks like nearly a perfect fit...I may need to shrink the dimensions on it a bit.

I think I'll mock up the project box in foam this weekend, make sure I like the dimensions, and then try to finalize the SketchUp file.

I'll post pictures along the way!

Brendan

Since I am looking at 3D printing, I wonder if anybody out there knows SketchUp enough to answer this question:

I have a picture file (I'll try to attach) It's Sgt. Major stripes...when I run with my daughter, I call her the Sgt. Major (because she's so darn tough!)

I'd like to have this on the lid of the project box, but maybe sunken in just a bit...I could then paint it, to really make it pop out.

How do I do this in SketchUp?

Thanks!

Brendan

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Messages In This Thread
Enclosure for Running Belt Electronics - by Brendan - 06-17-2015, 08:38 PM