Please visit the homepage for location and information on open hours

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Portable video display project
06-07-2019, 12:10 PM,
Portable video display project
Hi all, long time no see! I've been really pleased to watch SC! grow from afar - y'all are doing good work!

I have a problem. For the past two years I have been working full time as a metal artist and blacksmith over in Ocean Shores, WA. Business is steadily growing, but I've encountered an issue in wholesale and consignment outlets where folks just don't really understand what they are looking at when they see a small forged item like a keychain. Enter my idea: a small TFT or LCD display that plays 5-10 minutes of video on a loop. Ideally there would be sound output with a small built-in speaker but it's not a necessity.

I have a handful of short videos I made showing the forging process for a few different items, and would like to allow potential buyers to see the work getting made.

A 3-4 inch display ought to work fine. I have been building wood and metal displays for retail use, so ideally I'd be able to pocket out the back of a piece of plywood or other sheet, install and wire up the electronics so they're hidden from view, and incorporate the video element into my sales display. I know that's all possible, but my electronics, arduino, asd rPi skills are waaay behind from taking a backseat for a few years. 

To summarize:

I need to display less than 10 minutes of video on a loop to a small LCD. I'd like to keep my cost/unit in the ballpark of $50-60

Any and all help is greatly appreciated Smile

Messages In This Thread
Portable video display project - by tupperck - 06-07-2019, 12:10 PM
RE: Portable video display project - by Dan - 06-07-2019, 03:12 PM
RE: Portable video display project - by n8cutler - 06-07-2019, 03:30 PM