Please visit the homepage for location and information on open hours

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Portable video display project
06-07-2019, 03:30 PM,
RE: Portable video display project
I also was going to suggest Pi + monitor (doesn't have to be touch) as a simple solution (everyone was probably thinking that). You will probably pay more than you want for that combo...but time is also money, and you can be up and running with that in no time. If I was doing it for 5 shops, that's what I would do. If I was doing it for 100 shops, then I'd design something cheaper.

Just to throw out another (low cost) idea...
As soon as customers walk away from your display with their newly purchased item and their friends ask about it, they can't show them the video they saw on your display. If instead you have a sign that just has a picture of you forging it with a sign that says something like "Watch this being created!" with a QR code to a video, then you just saved yourself the hassle of building a display like the one that everyone has in their pockets, and if you put the same QR code on the packaging for your item, then they can also access the video later when they aren't in the store. Not the same as a video playing in front of them, but cheap, fast, and may work. Just a thought.
-N8

"I built it because I didn't know I couldn't"

Messages In This Thread
Portable video display project - by tupperck - 06-07-2019, 12:10 PM
RE: Portable video display project - by Dan - 06-07-2019, 03:12 PM
RE: Portable video display project - by n8cutler - 06-07-2019, 03:30 PM