Please visit the homepage for location and information on open hours

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quarantine Project: Garden Tower
07-09-2020, 02:54 PM,
RE: Quarantine Project: Garden Tower
Hi Arthur and David, thanks for the reply. Not sure if I'm ready to go full time indoor gardening but will probably do small upgrades. A battery would be good along with an Arduino controller for intermittent watering instead of full on all of the time. I've been using a nutrient solution once a week but thinking a compost tea would be a lot better. Plants go wild for that in my experience.

We do have four raised beds in the front yard with full all day sun and with this years rain they are looking great. But the backyard is shaded for most of the day thankfully by a large maple tree. We did have garden beds in back but carrots, peas and dogs don't go well together, well only if we want any veggies.

David your house project sounds great, where are you planning on building it? I've worked with SIP panels, makes things a lot easier when you don't have to frame everything out. You should checkout this episode of Grand Designs where they assembled boxes into a house, maybe you could grow the fungus in the boxes and just seal them up.

Grand Designs

Keep us updated!!, John
John Woj
IdeaMakers Designs, LLC
"I'm on the the verge of something" Breaking Bad

Messages In This Thread
Quarantine Project: Garden Tower - by IdeaMakers - 07-08-2020, 12:37 PM
RE: Quarantine Project: Garden Tower - by IdeaMakers - 07-09-2020, 02:54 PM
RE: Quarantine Project: Garden Tower - by shovel - 09-16-2020, 07:23 AM