Please visit the homepage for location and information on open hours

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What projects are you working on
02-22-2021, 08:37 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-22-2021, 08:40 AM by srthomas218.)
What projects are you working on
I joined this forum a long time ago but never made it to a meetup and just rediscovered this community. I am excited to come check out the space once everything opens back up. I actually have a couple questions; first of all what kind of projects are people working on right now? Also, when everything is normal are people usually working on individual projects or collaborative projects in the space? What kind of tools/machines/resources are available and what is on the wishlist?

If it was open obviously I'd just come by, but I'm really excited to check out and hopefully contribute to the space. For a minor introduction I kind of dabble in a lot of different areas, probably like most of you. I do a bit of woodworking, microcontroller-based electronic projects, I have a 3d printer and mess with design, do some rc airplane and drone flying and design, and I'm always open to trying to learn new things. Oh and I have a sign shop so I have a 54" vinyl printer and plotter and do a lot of work in illustrator.
02-23-2021, 11:26 PM,
RE: What projects are you working on
It's been a long while for me, but it was mostly individual with an occasional group project. Lots of cross-chat bouncing ideas though.
02-28-2021, 01:18 PM,
During open hours most people would bring in individual projects. From time to time someone would startup a group project and then there was more collaboration.

Some tools in the space:
- Boss CNC laser cutter
- QIDI X-MAX extrusion 3D printer
- Form Labs Form3 resin 3D printer
- 4' x 8' CNC router
- Sawstop table saw
- Handtools and powertools
- Soldering station
- Sandblast station
- Manual milling machine with DRO (knee-mill)
- Small benchtop lathe

Past group/space projects:
- AR Sandbox
- Ruben's tube
- Mobile parts wall
- Built CNC router
- Built table for CNC router

Common types of projects are microcontrollers, crafts on CNC laser and router, and writing software.

I'd like to see us expand our capability in building prototypes with mold making (resin and silicone) and vacuum forming.
-N8

"I built it because I didn't know I couldn't"
03-03-2021, 10:33 AM,
(02-28-2021, 01:18 PM)n8cutler Wrote: During open hours most people would bring in individual projects. From time to time someone would startup a group project and then there was more collaboration.

Are there open hours now? One of the banners says:

"IMPORTANT!! -- Open hours have been temporarily suspended to prevent the spread of COVID-19."
04-08-2021, 12:27 PM,
Hi N8,
Since Spokane is in Phase 3 now, do we expect to have open hours or appointment slots for tools? 
If you need help organizing this, feel free to message me via email.

Thanks!
Anna
04-08-2021, 02:25 PM,
If it helps, I'm fully vaccinated Smile
04-08-2021, 07:35 PM,
We have started into motion plans for reopening, I am not certain of the date yet, but it shouldn't be much longer! Smile
I am sure there will be some small changes along the way as we figure stuff out, but I know everyone is excited to be able to get out of the house. More to come soon...
-N8

04-29-2021, 07:22 AM,
(04-08-2021, 07:35 PM)n8cutler Wrote: We have started into motion plans for reopening, I am not certain of the date yet, but it shouldn't be much longer! Smile
I am sure there will be some small changes along the way as we figure stuff out, but I know everyone is excited to be able to get out of the house. More to come soon...
Maybe not... https://www.khq.com/news/how-going-back-...7e475.html
04-30-2021, 09:46 AM,
(04-29-2021, 07:22 AM)ABearden Wrote:
(04-08-2021, 07:35 PM)n8cutler Wrote: We have started into motion plans for reopening, I am not certain of the date yet, but it shouldn't be much longer! Smile
Maybe not... https://www.khq.com/news/how-going-back-...7e475.html

We previously decided to reopen on May 5th. However, this decision was made before it looked like Spokane would be re-entering phase2. If Spokane re-enters phase 2, it's possible we would need to postpone the reopen. Sad  
We will have an update after the decision on May 3rd.
-N8

05-31-2021, 11:10 AM,
Hello - I'm new and hoping to use the drill press for wood steps on a cat spiral staircase. Thank you!