Please visit the homepage for location and information on open hours

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for old PCs
09-05-2013, 11:05 AM,
Looking for old PCs
Hey everyone,

I have a friend looking to do some old-school PC gaming, and he's looking for a desktop of late 90's/early 2000's vintage. Something he can put Windows 98 on and run games from that era without having to emulate or anything.

Let me know if any of you have a PC like that, or any leads on where to pick one up for cheap...
09-05-2013, 02:40 PM,
RE: Looking for old PCs
Pretty sure there is one or more down at the space that have "built for Windows 98" stickers on them that should do what you want.

I'm not sure about video card drivers, etc but should have something down there that would work.
-Dan

"If you didn't build it, you will never own it." - Barton Dring
10-03-2013, 03:21 PM,
RE: Looking for old PCs
If you are still looking for a PC, I'd try out Inland Retech (7203 E. Nora Ave, 326-1165). I got a PC (extra memory, HD, cables, etc) to run my CNC for under $25 I think.

They're a electronics recycler and get tons of PCs, misc electronics, and strange stuff I can't even identify. Nothing formal here, stuff is just piled up all over. You need to thumb through it and grab what you like and ask them how much they'd like for it. I've found some really great stuff hidden in those piles. In fact, last I checked, they had a couple stand up arcade machine too (great for a MAME project).

I think they are open 10-5 M-TH, and 10-4 on Friday. I've been a repeat customer of theirs for over 8 years now. A hackers/modders dream store.

Jeff