Please visit the homepage for location and information on open hours

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Project Curacao
01-28-2014, 04:13 PM,
Project Curacao
Hi folks,

I'm a long term technologist located in Coeur d'Alene / Liberty Lake. I've been in software for a number of years and about a year ago invested in a set of Arduinos and Pi's to build some interesting system.

I'm really glad to see a group of people here with similar interests.

My current project is Project Curacao. It's a solar/wind powered Pi/Arduino system that is designed to be hung on a radio tower on the caribbean island of Curacao in March 2014. Lots of i2c devices and a/d converters.

I've written a bunch of articles for MagPi magazine about the project and also have published a blog about the process, including all the juicy mistakes.

my blog is: switchdoc.blogspot.com

I'd be happy to come over and give a talk on this project.

Best regards,

John Shovic
01-28-2014, 09:57 PM,
RE: Project Curacao
Dr. Shovic,
This project sounds fascinating! We would greatly welcome a talk on this project. Feel free to PM me and we can work out the details. Thanks.
-N8

"I built it because I didn't know I couldn't"
02-11-2014, 10:38 PM,
For anyone following this thread...the presentation on this project will be Feb. 19 @ 6:00 pm.
Details here.
-N8

02-20-2014, 07:25 PM,
Dr. Shovic,

On behalf of Spokane CREATE!, I just wanted to say thank you for a great presentation and demo. It was entertaining and educational. I know many enjoyed the entrepreneurship aspect just as much as the technology. It sparked some great discussion, and I appreciate all your time and energy that you put into the project and the presentation. It was a great way to use RasPiConnect!

Thanks!
-N8