Please visit the homepage for location and information on open hours

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello group
02-18-2014, 01:31 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-18-2014, 01:36 AM by Jesse.)
Hello group
Hi guys,

I just stumbled upon this group, looks right up my alley! Although I wish there was at least a landing page on this site with some basic information about this group (hint hint!), but from posts I see you guys have a "open" meeting every Wed. and then a more formal meet on Sundays once a month. I'll have to look into it!

Me: While my past professional experience includes doing air traffic control with the FAA, as well as product design consulting, my sides projects have involved just about everything imaginable.... a few outlined below...

- Constructing a gas turbine engine from a turbocharger
- Getting my own Boeing turboshaft engine up and running
- Making composite rocket fuel,
- All kinds of digital electronic design & programming, including a biometric fingerprint scanner interface, ECU for a turbine engine, etc.
- Various rc aircraft, from fixed-wing to helis
- Made my own 3-axis CNC machine from scratch
- Created a custom inertial navigation system based on Arduino, simulated using X-Plane

I've got a site that I use to keep track of all my projects, some you may find interesting... nuclearprojects.com

I see at least one member building a quadcopter. Very cool! I hope to do that next for doing both FPV and aerial video. Also I see some playing with 3D printers. Also very cool! I've modeled 3D parts that I've had printed commercially, but no experience myself with it.

While I work nights through the week, perhaps I'll be able to make it out there one night!
If you have to ask why, you'll never understand.
02-20-2014, 07:18 PM,
RE: Hello group
Hi Jesse,

Welcome. Glad you found us. A landing page is a really needed. We are currently working on a simple website that will provide a landing page, basic information about hours, how to contact us, an email signup, this forum, and more. In the mean time, I hope you are able to make it during our open hours. Keep the suggestions coming though, we need more good ideas, and more people willing to help implement them.

Thanks and welcome to Spokane CREATE!
-N8

"I built it because I didn't know I couldn't"
02-22-2014, 01:54 AM,
RE: Hello group
Thanks for the warm welcome! Time always seems to be the limiting factor for me (and probably most people too!). It sounds like you're well on your way to a more fantastic website! Should you need help, I may be available. I've been desiging and developing websites since 1999, including 12+ years running my own website hosting/design service. HTML, CSS, PHP, databases, custom applications, etc. I do it all. ;-)

As for projects, a fellow coworker and I are in the planning stages of another turbocharger bases gas turbine engine. Should be good for about 80lbs of thrust, more with afterburner. I had built one years ago, but it's about time for another one!!
If you have to ask why, you'll never understand.