Please visit the homepage for location and information on open hours

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thanks so much!
02-19-2015, 09:01 AM,
Smile  Thanks so much!
Hello. This is Colby Collins. I just wanted to say again, thank you guys so much for helping me with my delta 3D printer, even though last night's problem was so simple Smile. It is printing AMAZING at >250mm/s, which is way better than I had expected when I got it. Spokane Create is an amazing group and it is so fun for me to come.

Yours Sincerely, Colby Collins.

By the way, everyone who bought one of those micro quadcopers, have tons of fun with it.
02-19-2015, 09:34 AM,
RE: Thanks so much!
Will say it again, good job on that printer!

This morning I'm looking at Bowden tubes for my MakerFarm. Hopefully that speeds it up a fair bit. Otherwise I might have to disassemble it for something like yours after seeing that output! I can give up flex filament if it means 200+mm/s.

If I know people are going to being quads on a regular basis, I'll bring my Hubsan along more often.
02-19-2015, 09:52 AM,
Yes, I plan on getting a bigger quad as soon as I get some money. By the way, I have a few extra of these things (see picture) if you want one for your Bowden setup, I can give ya one

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

02-20-2015, 09:40 AM,
Also, look at this owl I just printed. 300mm/s, 40% infill, 28 minutes.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

02-20-2015, 10:11 AM,
And upon further analysis, I realized a bowden will only help my X-axis because my Y-axis is still burdened with the 12" heatbed. Minimal improvement. Oh well. Another task on the project list.
02-20-2015, 03:22 PM,
My goodness! Do the problems ever stop? I think I wruined my hotend, as the threads on it are aluminum and the screw (that screws the barrel to the heater) is steel, so when I took it off to put the new effector I printed (it is a much different design and I had too) it stripped out the threads and my hotend is wruined and I don't know when I can get a new one. Sad.
02-21-2015, 01:03 AM,
Can probably rethread it, braze it, or something else to fix it if you won't have access to a new one soon.
02-25-2015, 10:40 AM,
I simply unscrewed the nozzle on the hotend, and put the peek barrel in that slot on the hotend and screwed the nozzle into the stripped out side (there was a few threads left at the bottom) of it and it screwed in nice and tight (I have no idea how ) but now it works, and I will be at SpokaneCreate again tonight. Hope the people who bought one of those mini quad copters like I had bring them. Smile
03-01-2015, 04:20 PM,
Thanks to whomever gave me the LEDs at SpokaneCreate (sorry, I do not know his name) I put them on my printer and they are awesome.

This is a picture of my printer with the LEDs on and the light in the room off: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4d7rlk4qhp1i0f...6.jpg?dl=0

And this is just a picture of one of the LEDs showing how I mounted it: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jq8q7x94pbr5ew...4.jpg?dl=0

I just used got glue to mount them, and tucked the wires nice and tight into the rails. I love the light so I can easily see the print while it is printing and all of the of layers.
03-04-2015, 02:17 PM,
Looks great!
-N8

"I built it because I didn't know I couldn't"