Please visit the homepage for location and information on open hours

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Culling the Hoard
04-07-2015, 01:37 PM,
Culling the Hoard
It's my understanding (correct me if I'm wrong) that we're planning on having a sorting session at tomorrow night's gathering.

The goal is to downsize the collection of stuff, with the aim of making room for more useful things (like a large milling machine(!!!) for example). We'll be sorting into 3 categories: 1. Keep, 2. Give away/Sell (asap) , and 3. Not sure. This last category will be open for suggestions - if there're specific items you want us to save, and will not be able to attend tomorrow evening, please comment here.
04-11-2015, 11:34 AM,
RE: Culling the Hoard
I was non-comm in the great wilds of Utah last week. How much did you guys manage to trim?
04-11-2015, 05:26 PM,
Well, plans changed when we found out Dan had secured some beautiful donated pallet racking from the company down the street that's going out of business (I keep forgetting their name, but would like to bake them a cake or - something...)

We decided to replace all of the plastic shelving with heavy duty steel, and then started working on getting the mountain of stuff up off the floor. It'd be nice to go through and start sorting soon - there are lots of boxes with various cables, computer parts, electronics parts, as well as projects in various states of completion. If we could get a stack of file storage boxes (or something else sturdy and uniform in size) to start sorting into, I think it'd go a long way to making the pile useful. Anyone know where we could get something similar free or cheaply?

Wish I had a picture to post - I smile inside every time I see those new shelves.
04-11-2015, 11:16 PM,
Can't wait to see it!

File boxes run $2-$3 each new from office supply stores. I agree, project/part boxes would go a long way to making things easier.