Please visit the homepage for location and information on open hours

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Enclosure for Running Belt Electronics
06-20-2015, 08:23 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-20-2015, 08:26 PM by Brendan.)
RE: Enclosure for Running Belt Electronics
Here's what I have so far (attached)...

It's a project box I found in the Sketchup warehouse...I've made it the right width and height...however, it's too long...from inside end-to-end, it's currently 130.1mm....I need it to be 85mm.

I've tried scaling, but that warps the screw-holes (makes them oval vs. round)...I'm thinking I need to create new planes in the middle of the box, and then scale those planes down...(Pulling the middle together, without changing the scaling of the edges (where the screw holes are).

So, that's what I'm trying to figure out currently...it's a start though!

Brendan

(06-20-2015, 12:08 AM)ABearden Wrote: Instead of screw supports, have you entertained mounting components to a board that slides into extrusion and is held in place by 3D printed endcaps? Could hold the whole thing together with a single screw, and body strength wouldn't be an issue at all. I didn't get a chance to look at the prototype you brought in, so it really depends on how you plan on mounting it.

Hi ABearden,

The project PCB can be mounted to a board...however, there is also a GPS antenna that needs to be mounted to the project box, as well as a piezo buzzer that needs to be mounted...so these two items would need to either have long enough connectors / cables...or be mounted to a part of the box that doesn't move when the pieces are slipped together...sounds interesting though!

Attached Files
.zip   Project Box.skp.zip (Size: 167.38 KB / Downloads: 3)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Enclosure for Running Belt Electronics - by Brendan - 06-20-2015, 08:23 PM