Please visit the homepage for location and information on open hours

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
House rennovation, or, why I haven't come to open wednesdays for two months
07-23-2015, 10:54 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-23-2015, 10:56 AM by tupperck.)
Wink  House rennovation, or, why I haven't come to open wednesdays for two months
Hi guys,

Some of you may or may not have noticed that I came in for a few weeks after moving back into town then promptly disappeared again. I've enjoyed seeing the progress made on the CNC mill and the giant delta printer.

In June my fiance and I were set to move into the same house we'd moved out of a couple years back, only to find that the tenants had thoroughly trashed the place. We had some serious debate as to whether we wanted to move in at all after seeing the condition of the place, but in the end decided to go ahead with it.

As you can see in the pictures, the carpet was ruined. No amount of cleaning would help, so we went in and tore it all out before deciding what to replace it with. Surprise surprise, there were oak hardwoods underneath that were probably installed in the 1940s or 50s. We rented a sander and started working.

The pictures below show a very condensed summary of the work that went in to the overhaul. We repainted the whole interior of the house, and sanded, prepped, and finished the floors ourselves, going to the house every day after work and working 10-12 hours each day over the weekends. By early this month, we were finally able to start moving in. In the past couple weeks, we've been able to settle in and it's starting to feel like home again Smile

We're hoping to have most of the work outside done by the end of summer/early fall, at which point I'll be able to move on to more enjoyable personal projects - but for the time being there's still a bit to be done. Anyhow, I just thought I'd pop on and share the results of our hard work.

The rest of the photos:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

07-23-2015, 11:30 AM,
RE: House rennovation, or, why I haven't come to open wednesdays for two months
Looks awesome. That's a huge project!
07-27-2015, 03:01 PM,
RE: House rennovation, or, why I haven't come to open wednesdays for two months
It's looking awesome, good work!
sanding floors is a nightmare, but pretty cool when it is done.
-Dan

"If you didn't build it, you will never own it." - Barton Dring