Please visit the homepage for location and information on open hours

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Closed tonight
11-18-2015, 01:07 PM,
Closed tonight
We still don't have power at the space. We are going to close today. Making the call now so people know how to plan. Be safe out there!
-N8

"I built it because I didn't know I couldn't"
11-20-2015, 04:53 PM,
Open on Saturday
We have power back and will be open 10 to 4 on Saturday. Come and join us with your own project or a few of the things we have going on, welding, 3d scanner and the new Kossel 3D printer is online going head to head with the Leapfrog printer.

John
John Woj
IdeaMakers Designs, LLC
"I'm on the the verge of something" Breaking Bad

11-20-2015, 11:46 PM,
RE: Closed tonight
3D scanner?! I missed something!
11-21-2015, 07:22 AM,
Open on Saturday
I picked up a Kinect at a garage sale for $10 (yes ten dollars) so I've been tinkering with it to make a scanner. At the same sale I grabbed a $20 laptop with Win7 and have been using it with the Kinect to do scans. I'll be working on a turntable on Saturday with a motor I found on the shelves.
John Woj
IdeaMakers Designs, LLC

11-21-2015, 09:21 PM,
I was planning on swinging in today, but things just got too busy. Regular motor, or a stepper? If need be, there's a spare stepper from the printer conversion and I've got extra drivers laying around (makes controlling a stepper a snap!).
11-22-2015, 08:21 PM,
We found a speed control motor and driver in the boxes, something similar to this:

http://catalog.orientalmotor.com/item/br...&plpver=11

Hooked it all up and no workie but taking a look at the driver insides there are a couple of fuses solder in that maybe the problem.

We are going to make a turntable that can support a person and yet be somewhat compact. We have the lazy susan bearings, either this motor or a motor from an electric shopping cart and a box of miscellaneous pulleys so it's mostly building a form to fit our function. Since the laptop is to high performance the spin rate needs to be pretty low.

Not sure if we'll be open on Wed. with T-Day and all and David is out of town for a week so probably not the weekend either. Unless we can get a few people to come in.
John Woj
IdeaMakers Designs, LLC

11-24-2015, 03:50 PM,
Closed for the next week according to the announcements, so guess I'll see it in December.