Please visit the homepage for location and information on open hours

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Tevo Black Widow 3D Printer and Beta team!
09-09-2016, 02:50 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-09-2016, 02:51 AM by Gadgets.)
RE: New Tevo Black Widow 3D Printer and Beta team!
That's great news.

I bought this printer and assembled it. However, as a point for development, the power box is a real disappointment. Here is the issue (i posted it as a review on 3Dprintersonlinestore): 

The Printer is well built and sturdy. However, the power box is made of brittle acrylic. There are cut-outs in the acrylic panels to hold nuts. Screws grab onto these nuts to assemble the box. However, even with slight twisting, the cut-outs break away rendering the joint useless. Secondly, when I pushed in the power plug into the socket on the backplate, the backplate broke.
Unfortunately, 3Dprintersonlinestore are avoiding answering the question: how do I use the printer if I "can't" plug in the cable. (it's a matter of principle - this box is really poorly designed compared to the rest of the printer)
I have 25 yrs experience building and designing delicate models, so I know about assembly. I tried discussing the issues with 3Dprintersonlinestore, but they insist I used to much force. I, therefore, rate this low.
To conclude, the printer is robust and lines up well. The manual is poor, but the videos coming out are great. The box is a major disappointment that I will have to fix.

Messages In This Thread
RE: New Tevo Black Widow 3D Printer and Beta team! - by Gadgets - 09-09-2016, 02:50 AM