Please visit the homepage for location and information on open hours

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Website builder review
11-23-2016, 01:31 PM,
Website builder review
Hello fellow Spokanites,

Since there is a number of developers and software engineers here I was wondering about what you guys think is the best way to build a website?
Obviously there is a classic way of actually writing the code and building from scratch, but what are your thoughts on using site-bulding services, like Wix, Squarespace, or Weebly?

I undersand that any of those platforms limit my abilities of customizing the site, but they are getting better and better, and I want know whether my business site (I used Weebly) is lacking in some... crucial way, I guess. It seems that more and more businesses are using these services these days, which tells me- it works well for business. Plus, it's so much cheaper!! Thought?
11-25-2016, 07:40 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-25-2016, 07:42 PM by Dmytro.)
RE: Website builder review
anyone?? Here is the website, if that helps. http://www.spokanewatowing.com/  This is a towing business I am doing on a side...

Happy Thanksgiving!
11-26-2016, 05:24 PM,
Hi, sorry for the lack of comments, Holidays and all. I've heard a few people talk about Wix as a good drag and drop site

Wix.com

David has a site there:
http://www.cavemanmetal.com/

I mostly use Zencart for commerce sites hosted through bluehost.
John Woj
IdeaMakers Designs, LLC
"I'm on the the verge of something" Breaking Bad

11-27-2016, 06:00 PM,
@Dmytro, sorry for the slow reply, I haven't really been on here over the holiday. I am a software engineer, but I don't do much web work. What you have actually looks pretty good. It looks modern and is easy to navigate. I took a quick look on my phone, and it looks responsive and pretty good there too, that's really critical these days. As you already pointed out, something custom has much more flexibility, but it also adds a lot more work for often little gain...especially for small businesses or side work. If you choose a popular CMS, make absolutely certain that you always keep it up to date along with all the plugins. This is critical for security. This can be hard to do when you start using multiple plugins, that sometimes don't support the latest CMS version. It's easy to get in a situation where you are forced to not upgrade so you don't break existing plugin functionality, and in the mean time you are vulnerable to known security holes...not good!
-N8

"I built it because I didn't know I couldn't"