Please visit the homepage for location and information on open hours

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3D Printing Question
12-07-2017, 04:37 PM,
3D Printing Question
I recently took up making cigar box guitars. One of the most difficult steps for me is creating a nut that holds the strings at the right depth within itself and at the right height above the frets. Is it possible to create one with a 3D printer at Spokane Create? If so, what material would it be made out of?

Thanks,

Hank
12-07-2017, 07:14 PM,
RE: 3D Printing Question
Hi Hank,

What about something like this?

This would be really easy to make at Spokane Create.  You could make it out of PLA or ABS plastic.  Generally people either bring their own plastic, or use ours and make a small donation to cover our cost.  We don't charge membership fees, so just drop by during open hours (at top of page).  There are plenty of people at Spokane Create that could walk you through the process of downloading the thingiverse files and 3D printing.  If this doesn't work for your needs exactly as is, you could modify the dimensions or re-draw your own.  But this should be a good starting point.

Hope that helps get you going. Smile
-N8

"I built it because I didn't know I couldn't"
12-08-2017, 11:23 AM,
RE: 3D Printing Question
n8cutler Wrote:Hi Hank,

What about something like this?

This would be really easy to make at Spokane Create.  You could make it out of PLA or ABS plastic.  Generally people either bring their own plastic, or use ours and make a small donation to cover our cost.  We don't charge membership fees, so just drop by during open hours (at top of page).  There are plenty of people at Spokane Create that could walk you through the process of downloading the thingiverse files and 3D printing.  If this doesn't work for your needs exactly as is, you could modify the dimensions or re-draw your own.  But this should be a good starting point.

Hope that helps get you going. Smile

Thank you. I'll come in for a visit.