Please visit the homepage for location and information on open hours

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who knows?
10-22-2018, 04:34 AM,
Lightbulb  Who knows?
I'm new to all this so I have a few dozen questions.

How do we know who knows what, where they are and what kind of cookies do they like?
I'll start-
My name's Greg. 
I'm a musician and would like to use my knowledge of instruments and the recording studio to make portable, quality, stringed and percussive instruments that have LED lighted fretboards so the entire family can play along!

I'm also in the early stages of converting my 1991 Honda Wagon into Tiny House project-;eventually converting it to Electric. I'm thinking of making the hatchback removable and making an overhead sleeper, but it's early!

Because of various medical issues I'm interested in devising a helmet, backpack or both that would help with my lack of balance. Something like a camera-stabilizer. Vestibular problems are the 2nd most reported medical problem by people over 50 and I think this is the sort of thing that would help a lot of people.
Peripheral Neuropathy is another problem plaguing the old hippies of our nation! One of the side effects is a pain/tingling and cold in the feet. This tingling can only be calmed by stimulation and since it's hard to find anyone willing to work nights, quietly, at the foot of my bed, in the dark, while rubbing my feet for minimum wage I thought it would be more manageable to put on form-fitting heated, vibrating slippers. Without something like this people resort to opioids and sleeping pills just to catch some sleep!

Having run recording studios all my life I know how to burn myself on a soldering Iron, but that's about it. I've also been a bad welder and a worse lock-smith if THAT helps anyone. Also built a Straw-Bale House! It was 2-story so the question of my sanity HAS already been raised so don't ask!

Anyway! Is THIS where I put this stuff or is there a physical wall somewhere? I'm confused!
Thanks,
Greg
P.S.
I also like long walks on the beach in the moonlight AND Chocolate Chip!![Image: lightbulb.png]
10-22-2018, 09:15 AM,
RE: Who knows?
Welcome! This is as good a place as any to introduce yourself. Sounds like you have a very typical project list of varied interests and won't have too much trouble finding people to help or offer insight into how to accomplish them, if needed.