Please visit the homepage for location and information on open hours

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hydroponics
03-10-2013, 10:03 PM,
Hydroponics
For a while now, I've had an interest in hydroponic gardening. I was talking to a few of you today regarding a prototype build I did while living in Las Vegas. It was successful, but had its share of problems... I wrote a post describing my build a while back on a site specializing in "window" farming. Here's the link for those who are interested:
http://our.windowfarms.org/2011/12/03/my-first-build/
03-12-2013, 01:25 PM,
RE: Hydroponics
That is a super cool project! Makes me want to try to grow some plants, even though I only have an apartment.
03-14-2013, 08:50 AM,
Very neat. I still can't believe those roots! I would like to build a simple drain-to-waste table, with the end goal of an aquaponics system in our greenhouse. Aquaponics involves hydroponic gardening with aquaculture (raising fish for food) in a way that allows fish to help feed the plants. Some systems I have seen are small enough to fit in a kitchen.

Would either of you (or anyone else) be interested in trying to grow some small edible plants with a system like this?
03-28-2013, 09:18 PM,
I am piecing together an Aquaponic setup right now. So far so good. Still undecided on the fish though...

Hopefully it should be ready for the growing this summer.