Please visit the homepage for location and information on open hours

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New to the area
07-30-2020, 11:13 AM,
New to the area
Doesn't look like there's a whole lot of activity here, but still, I am moving to the area in a month and I would like to make friends with some people of similar interests, and get involved in any activities/events when they resume...

My interests:

Electronics, arduino etc.
Robotics
Education
Building anything
Starting on car restoration (kitcar)
07-30-2020, 10:38 PM,
RE: New to the area
An early welcome to you! Yes, currently open hours are suspended until Spokane Count enters phase 3. But looking forward to meeting you when we are allowed to reopen!
-N8

"I built it because I didn't know I couldn't"
09-16-2020, 07:17 AM,
Welcome to Spokane! I trust your move has occurred by now.

I'm fresh to the area as of this year as well and thanks to Covid the social side of relocating has been a slow hike.

I'm about useless at applications involving kit computing devices (arduino/pi/etc) but have got my feet wet - currently regard them in the context of my life as a solution looking for a problem.

But I've turned a lot of wrenches on a lot of cars and done a lot of one-off builds at home and professionally. Let me know if there's anything you need another set of eyes on or just want to share your excitement about a project.
09-17-2020, 04:10 AM,
That's the great thing about this group: there's a lot of overlap and a lot of varied interests so if you need help on something someone can probably assist, or at least point you in the right direction.

Between getting a house and starting a contracting business I've been absent from the CREATE workshop a long time but I still troll around the forum regularly to clean-up spammers. I think a lot of people are distracted with life right now instead of posting their projects. Given the substantial change in workload, I should probably take the time to write up some of my recent and current projects. I think I owe John some pictures of my hydroponic setup (about time to get that rolling for winter again).

So welcome both of you! Share what you're working on, we'd be delighted to see it.