Please visit the homepage for location and information on open hours

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Logo
03-24-2013, 07:47 PM,
Logo
Hi All!

We are looking for ideas for a logo for Spokane CREATE!
mainly looking to flesh out some ideas that we can pass on to the graphic artist.

So far the only requirement is that it include an icon (something that will be easy to recognize and be pasted on any object)
-Dan

"If you didn't build it, you will never own it." - Barton Dring
03-28-2013, 04:05 PM,
RE: Logo
I saw that tupperck had a sketch of an exclamation mark in a beaker as an idea for an icon. I thought it was pretty sweet. It sparked an idea for me. And I was playing around with some drawing software and created something that we could give to a graphic design artist for an idea. I think that it would be cool if more people posted ideas. They don't need to be pretty. We are just looking for the idea part. It could be a picture of something that you sketched on a napkin using ketchup as your ink, and a fry as the pen. Smile

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

-N8

"I built it because I didn't know I couldn't"
04-11-2013, 07:52 PM,
(03-28-2013, 04:05 PM)n8cutler Wrote: I saw that tupperck had a sketch of an exclamation mark in a beaker as an idea for an icon. I thought it was pretty sweet. It sparked an idea for me. And I was playing around with some drawing software and created something that we could give to a graphic design artist for an idea. I think that it would be cool if more people posted ideas. They don't need to be pretty. We are just looking for the idea part. It could be a picture of something that you sketched on a napkin using ketchup as your ink, and a fry as the pen. Smile

We could follow the defcon convention of using your phone area code to identify the group (509) though that is far reaching. The 5 could be red, the 9 blue. Have the curve of the 5 overlap the 0 which is the power sign you posted, have the circle of the 9 overlap it, and where the 5 and 9 overlap, purple.

That makes 4 basic colors (white for the power sign/0) so it's easily translated to T-shirts, hats, stickers, as need arises.
04-11-2013, 09:11 PM,
Great description. I can picture it! Thanks for the idea.
-N8

06-02-2013, 04:37 PM,
Here is a variation on Nathan's idea.

.png   logo1.png (Size: 2.81 KB / Downloads: 73)

And a business card..

06-03-2013, 09:35 AM,
I like that. Simple but eye catching, and no details to get lost or muddled from printing/displaying it at different sizes. nice work!
06-04-2013, 02:39 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-04-2013, 02:39 PM by davidf.)
Thanks,

Do you think this is sufficiently different from Fairchild's trademark?

(see http://www.fairchildsemi.com/Assets/zSys...k-Page.pdf )
06-04-2013, 02:54 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-04-2013, 04:28 PM by davidf.)
Is there a short catch phrase or slogan to put on the card?
06-04-2013, 04:40 PM,
(06-04-2013, 02:39 PM)davidf Wrote: Thanks,

Do you think this is sufficiently different from Fairchild's trademark?

(see http://www.fairchildsemi.com/Assets/zSys...k-Page.pdf )

If this doesn't differ enough from Fairchild's TM then there are a lot of other corporations that have a problem. I just found a good list of them here. It looks like Think First's logo is actually pretty close to what I originally did.

The power symbol is also an IEEE 1621 standard. It also looks eerily similar to the standby symbol (IEC 5009). Big Grin
-N8

06-09-2013, 03:25 PM,
Wink  RE: Logo
(06-04-2013, 02:54 PM)davidf Wrote: Is there a short catch phrase or slogan to put on the card?

"You're remembered by what you've made." Big Grin