Please visit the homepage for location and information on open hours

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raspberry Pi LED Controller Build
05-09-2013, 09:31 AM,
RE: Raspberry Pi LED Controller Build
Things are proceeding slowly with the Pi project, installed both the Raspbian and Occidentalis images on SD cards to give both systems a try. Mostly waiting on the driver board to arrive so I can hook up the wiring. Since there are not many output pins on the Pi the driver board is necessary to split the output into the three RGB channels. Or at least that is how I'm explaining it to myself.

I'm able to ssh to the Pi start a VNC server and access the Pi over VNC. So I need to add VNC to the startup and setup an email system so the Pi can email its IP addy since it isn't hooked up to a monitor at this time. Or I could setup the PHP server so the front page would show the IP by going to raspberrypi.local in a browser. Mostly needed for when I'm going back and forth between home and SpokaneCreate!.

Came across a nice little app called Ardumote for the iPad that lets you setup buttons on the screen (sort of a gui app app) that will send messages to the Pi which looks like a good way to easily control and change the light settings. Even has sliders for adjusting each channel.

Till the next update, John
John Woj
IdeaMakers Designs, LLC
"I'm on the the verge of something" Breaking Bad

Messages In This Thread
Raspberry Pi LED Controller Build - by IdeaMakers - 05-06-2013, 10:08 PM
RE: Raspberry Pi LED Controller Build - by IdeaMakers - 05-09-2013, 09:31 AM
Soldering - by IdeaMakers - 05-11-2013, 08:32 PM
Raspberry Pi LED Controller Build - by IdeaMakers - 05-20-2013, 07:34 PM
RE: Raspberry Pi LED Controller Build - by Pete - 05-21-2013, 08:12 AM
RE: Raspberry Pi LED Controller Build - by davidf - 05-21-2013, 06:22 PM
RE: Raspberry Pi LED Controller Build - by Pete - 05-22-2013, 07:59 AM