Please visit the homepage for location and information on open hours

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My 3D Printers
01-10-2015, 11:26 PM,
My 3D Printers
Hello All,
I forgot I had a acct. here. Smile Well it has been about a year since my introduction post. I did not get nearly as many projects done as I would have liked. However I did purchase a kit and Build my First 3D Printer!! A Makerfarm I3V 10"

[Image: DSCN3448-1024x768.jpg]

It has been assembled and in use for a while now. I will try and organize my photos and post them up. Smile The Makerfarm has been good to me, However I would most likely not buy a wood frame based printer again. I have the source Files for the 10" I3V so at some point I may rebuild it with a Acrylic Frame.

Now on to current Projects, I am starting to design my own 3D Printer ( not yet named lol ). My new printer will be of Solid Metal construction. No (or Minimal ) 3D Printed parts and No wood. Not sure How I am going to build it as of yet due to the fact I do not have a cnc router or mill to make the parts. But I shall cross that bridge when I get there.

It will be running Lead Screws and Aluminum Linear Rail. I am building this printer around a 8x8x8 Build Volume. I have also included a 10x10x8 and 12x12x12 build volumes within the design needing very little changed between sizes. It could go larger as well but at that point I would look into a different lead screw assembly.

It functions very similarly to your basic Prusa ( Such as my makerfarm 10″ I3V and should keep my electronics and software simple ) but with no belts and better accuracy and rigidity, It should be a better printer all around.

Here is a photo of the Printer so far. I have not decided on a hotend mount setup yet. Tho I did leave enough room for dual extruders and the E3D V6 Bowden setup has been decided on.

I am thinking of running this printer with the Beaglebone Black with the Replicape and Manga Screen(when available). Just to try something new. However will most likely start with a Ramps setup to get going.

[Image: Solid-8x8x8-All-Metal-Lead-Screw-3D-Pritner-700x393.png]
"To See life thru the eyes of tomorrow, we would not have today!!"

"My goal in life is to be eccentric. I want to be that crazy old man at the end of the street with all the wacky projects"

"He who says it cannot be done, should never interrupt the one who is doing it"

Messages In This Thread
My 3D Printers - by Kyo - 01-10-2015, 11:26 PM
RE: My 3D Printers - by ABearden - 01-12-2015, 09:57 AM
RE: My 3D Printers - by Kyo - 01-12-2015, 11:48 AM
RE: My 3D Printers - by ABearden - 01-12-2015, 03:40 PM
RE: My 3D Printers - by Kyo - 01-16-2015, 01:17 AM
RE: My 3D Printers - by ABearden - 01-16-2015, 11:05 AM
RE: My 3D Printers - by Kyo - 03-01-2015, 06:14 PM